New! Masala Dabba Indian Spice Kit now includes 2.0 grams of saffron.
Masala Dabba Kit Includes:
- Durable magnetic jars for fridge
- 24 certified organic spices
- Choose small or large size jars
- Clear 1” labels for glass bottoms
- Optional: Add a wall plate of your choice
What makes are Gneiss Spice magnetic jars different?
- Industrial-grade, durable glass
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Airtight silver lids keep spices fresh
- Certified food-safe barrier between magnet and spices
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. Large jars measure 2.5" x 2.5" tall and hold a heaping 1/2 cup volume.
Spices included in Masala Dabba Kit:
- Amchur (Mango Powder)
- Bay Leaf
- Cardamom (Pods)
- Cloves (Whole)
- Coriander (Seed)
- Cumin (Seed)
- Curry (Leaves)
- Fennel (Seed)
- Fenugreek (Seed)
- Garam Masala
- Hing (Asafoetida)
- Kala Namak (Black Salt)
- Kasmiri (Chile Powder)
- Kasoori Methi
- Black Mustard (Seed)
- Nigella (Seed)
- Nutmeg (Whole)
- Peppercorns (Whole)
- Saffron (2.0 gram, fills 1/2 jar small jar)
New to Indian cooking? Pair with a cookbook!
- Asma's Indian Kitchen: Home-Cooked Food Brought to You By The Darjeeling Express
- East: 120 Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes from Bangalore to Beijing (Gneiss Spice Top Pick fo 2020)
- Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day
- Madhur Jaffrey's Instantly Indian: Modern and Classic Recipes for the Instant Pot®
There are two things you need to start cooking Indian food—spices and tadka.
Tadka translates as "tempering." It is a method in which whole or ground spices are heated in hot oil or ghee, then added to a dish (or as a base). Hot fat has an amazing ability to extract and retain the essence, aroma and flavor of spices and herbs and then carry this essence with them. You must use a high-heat fat, such as ghee. Spices can go from sizzling and flavorful to scorched in seconds! If you burn the spices, no worries—just throw out and try again. Whole spices will take 30 seconds, keep stirring the pan for even cooking. Ground spices will bloom in seconds, so have your next ingredients ready!
New to Gneiss Spice? Check out our FAQ videos.