Saffron, the world's most expensive, elusive and sexy spice. This variety is grown, harvested and dried in western Afghanistan, which was once part of Persia. It is Grade 1, Negin Cut saffron which is prized for its thick threads and dark red color. You can't make paella without it!
Details: Saffron threads from Persia come from organic, non-GMO crocus flowers and are gluten-free. Certified kosher by EarthKosher.
Available in two sizes:
- 0.5 g saffron packed in miniature glass jar (non-magnetic)
- 0.5 g is enough for 2-4 recipes; approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 2.0 g saffron packed in Gneiss Spice small magnetic jar (saffron will fill approximately 2/3rds of the glass jar)
- 2.0 g is enough for 10+ recipes; approximately 2 tablespoons
First time using saffron? Try these easy recipes:
Below is a collection of recipes we have tested and enjoyed. I hope we can inspire you to give saffron a try!
- Ottolenghi's Saffron, Date and Almond (Vegetarian)
- One Pot Chicken and Rice with Saffron by Yasmin Fahr
- Smitten Kitchen's Saffron Spaghetti with Chorizo and Almonds
- Saffron and Chickpea Stew by Love & Lemons (Vegan) *we used 1/2 as much saffron and it was enough.
- Del's Cooking Moist Orange and Saffron Cake *we used 1/4 the saffron called for and it was enough
- Saffron Cardamom Ice Cream from A Beautiful Plate
New to Gneiss Spice? Check out our FAQs videos.