ALL PROFITS FROM THE SALE OF THIS WORLD SALT KIT GO TO FUNDING AN ENTREPRENEUR ON KIVA.ORG. When loans are paid back, we re-lend the money. To date, we've loaned over $13,000 to more than 500 entrepreneurs in 70 different countries. Thanks to your continued generosity, this kit is one of our holiday best-sellers!
Salt is born of the purest parents: the sun and the sea. ~Pythagoras
- 7 hexagon magnetic jars for your fridge
- Durable glass jars are reusable
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Internal barrier between magnet and salts
- Airtight lids to keep spices fresh
- Silver lids hand-stamped with salt names
- Filled with all-natural salts
- Includes gift note about charity kiva loan
All natural gourmet salts included in the World Salt Kit:
- ALAEA - Traditionally Hawaiians use Alaea salt in ceremonies to cleanse, purify and bless tools and canoes, as well, in healing rituals for medicinal purposes. It is the traditional Hawaiian table salt used to season and preserve. It is non-processed and rich in trace minerals, all of which are found in sea water. A small amount of harvested reddish Hawaiian clay (‘Alaea) enriches the salt with Iron-Oxide. Savor a unique and pleasant flavor while roasting or grilling meats. It is the traditional and authentic seasoning for native Hawaiian dishes such as Kalua Pig, Hawaiian Jerky and Poke. Fine grain.
- CYPRUS - Beautiful salt crystals harvested from waters off the island nation of Cyprus. Similar in size and shape to Maldon crystals. Save this gorgeous salt for finishing dishes, where it's unique structure and crunchy texture can shine! Our favorite use is on top of brownies or chocolate chip cookies. Large flakey crystals.
- FRANCE - Sel Gris is light gray in color with a crunchy, delicate consistency and moist texture. It melts on your tongue! This is a terrific salt to top any dish and makes fantastic salt blends when mixed with fresh or dried herbs. Medium grain.
- HIWA KAI - A unique Hawaiian-inspired sea salt, Hiwa Kai has a stunning black color and silky texture. This all-natural salt is infused with activated charcoal from coconut shells. It offers the same bold flavor and texture as a traditional sea salt, but with an added beauty and intrigue that's indicative of gourmet foods. Small grain.
INDIA - Kala Namak or Black Salt is a special type of Indian mineral salt. It is actually pinkish grey rather than black and has a very distinctiive sulfurous mineral taste (like hard boiled egg yolks). Black Salt is used in Indian cuisine as a condiment and is added to chaats, chutneys, raitas and many other savory Indian snacks. Very fine grain.
- PAKISTAN - Mined form ancient sea salt deposits at the foot of the mountains. Pure, pristine Himalayan Pink Salt is one of the finest gourmet food grade salts you can buy. With 84 trace minerals, Pink Salt is mined from ancient salt beds that have remained untouched by pollution and impurities since the crystals first formed more than 200 million years ago. Known for its healing properties and ability to detoxify the body while lowering blood pressure and stimulating circulation, Himalayan Pink Salt is used by spas, health professionals and culinary experts around the world. Varying hues, ranging from translucent white to fleshy pink to clear red, are due to its high mineral and iron content. Medium grain.
- SALISH - Pacific Sea Salt is slow smoked over real alderwood, giving it an authentic, clean smoke flavor. Salish™ smoked sea salt is a 100% natural way to add authentic smoked flavor with no strange aftertaste. No liquid smoke, artificial flavors or coloring are added. Once referring to the Puget Sound, the name Salish comes from the Native American Indians- the first to inhabit the great Pacific Northwest. Red Alderwood has been used to smoke salmon and other meats for hundreds and hundreds of years, making it a true Northwest tradition. Small grain.
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall; and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. These jars are smaller than traditional spice containers; smaller amounts of spice stay fresh. Refill with us or in bulk at your local natural foods store. Jars are made to stick to your fridge or any steel surface. Purchase a mini wall plate if you need to store jars on a backsplash.
New to Gneiss Spice? Please watch our FAQ videos here.