CHARITY WORLD SALTS | 7 Organic Seasonings in Magnetic Jars | Meaningful Gift Idea
ALL PROFITS FROM THE SALE OF THIS WORLD SALT KIT GO TO FUNDING AN ENTREPRENEUR ON KIVA.ORG. When loans are paid back, we re-lend the money. To date, we've loaned over $13,000 to more than 500 entrepreneurs in 70 different countries. Thanks to your continued generosity, this kit is one of our holiday best-sellers!
Salt is born of the purest parents: the sun and the sea. ~Pythagoras
Our best-selling gift since 2009. For your favorite foodie, pair it with one of our favorite books, Salt: A World History or Salt: Cooking with the World’s Most Popular Seasoning. Charity Kit includes a micro-loan through kiva.org:
- 7 hexagon magnetic jars for your fridge
- Durable glass jars are reusable
- Filled with all-natural salts
- Air tight lids to keep spices fresh
- Silver lids hand-stamped with spice names
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Internal barrier between magnet and salts
All natural gourmet salts included in the World Salt Kit:
- FRANCE - Velvet De Guerandeby Le Trésor is light gray in color and almost the consistency of flour. This is a very delicate crystal that has a “buttery” feel and taste as it melts on your tongue. This is a terrific salt to top any dish. Very very fine grain!
- ALAEA - Traditionally Hawaiians use Alaea salt in ceremonies to cleanse, purify and bless tools and canoes, as well, in healing rituals for medicinal purposes. It is the traditional Hawaiian table salt used to season and preserve. It is non-processed and rich in trace minerals, all of which are found in sea water. A small amount of harvested reddish Hawaiian clay (‘Alaea) enriches the salt with Iron-Oxide. Savor a unique and pleasant flavor while roasting or grilling meats. It is the traditional and authentic seasoning for native Hawaiian dishes such as Kalua Pig, Hawaiian Jerky and Poke. Fine grain.
- ITALY - Handcrafted from traditional salt pans along the famous “Salt Road” in Sicily. The crystals are the first to “bloom” on the surface of the salt ponds and retain valuable nutrients which add delicate flavor to the salt. Trapani Sea Salt is best used as a finishing salt for gourmet dishes. Fine and bright white.
- INDIA - Kala Namak or Black Salt is a special type of Indian mineral salt. It is actually pinkish grey rather than black and has a very distinctiive sulfurous mineral taste (like hard boiled egg yolks). Black Salt is used in Indian cuisine as a condiment and is added to chaats, chutneys, raitas and many other savory Indian snacks. Very fine grain.
- NEPAL - Mined form ancient sea salt deposits at the foot of the mountains. Pure, pristine Himalayan Pink Salt is one of the finest gourmet food grade salts you can buy. With 84 trace minerals, Himalayan Pink Salt is mined from ancient salt beds that have remained untouched by pollution and impurities since the crystals first formed more than 200 million years ago. Known for its healing properties and ability to detoxify the body while lowering blood pressure and stimulating circulation, Himalayan Pink Salt is used by spas, health professionals and culinary experts around the world. Varying hues, ranging from translucent white to fleshy pink to clear red, are due to its high mineral and iron content. Medium grain.
- PERU - Peruvian Pink salt comes from a natural spring located 10,000 feet high in the Mountains in Peru. The warm spring water seeps into terraced salt ponds. This salt has been hand-harvested for over 2,000 years. The crystals have a high moisture content and a light pink color. Peruvian Pink salt has a strong flavor and is a great seasoning salt.
- SALISH - Pacific Sea Salt is slow smoked over real alderwood, giving it an authentic, clean smoke flavor. Salish™ smoked sea salt is a 100% natural way to add authentic smoked flavor with no strange aftertaste. No liquid smoke, artificial flavors or coloring are added. Once referring to the Puget Sound, the name Salish comes from the Native American Indians- the first to inhabit the great Pacific Northwest. Red Alderwood has been used to smoke salmon and other meats for hundreds and hundreds of years, making it a true Northwest tradition. Small grain.
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall; and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. These jars are smaller than traditional spice containers; smaller amounts of spice stay fresh. Refill with us or in bulk at your local natural foods store. Jars are made to stick to your fridge or any steel surface. Purchase a mini wall plate if you need to store jars on a backsplash.
New to Gneiss Spice? Please watch our FAQ videos here.