NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER • A BON APPETIT BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR
The long-awaited new book from the best-selling author and beloved food blogger Deb Perelman. In her third book, Smitten Kitchen Keepers: New Classics for Your Forever Files, Deb gives us 100 recipes (including a few favorites from her site) that aim to make shopping easier, preparation more practical and enjoyable, and food more reliably delicious for the home cook.
Why we love this book: it's a collection of essential recipes you'll want to prepare again and again. Deb is a mom of two young kids, so she understands making kid-friendly meals the come together quickly. She is a self-taught cook with the tiny kitchen who obsessively tests her recipes to make sure that no bowls are wasted and that the results are always worth the effort.
What's a keeper?
- a full-crunch cucumber salad you'll want to make over and over again for lunch
- a tomato and corn cobbler that tastes like summer sunshine
- an epic deep-dish broccoli cheddar quiche that even quiche skeptics love
- a slow-roasted chicken on a bed of unapologetically schmaltzy croutons
- a butterscotched apple crisp that will ruin you for all others
- perfect spaghetti and meatballs, better than ever
- Deb's ultimate pound cake, one to redeem all the sleepy ones you've eaten over the years
These are the fail-safe, satisfying recipes you’ll rely on for years to come—from Perelman’s forever files to yours.
Published November, 2022.