MASALA DABBA BUNDLE | Indian Spice Kit with 24 Filled Magnetic Jars + 5 Spice ToolsSale
New! Masala Dabba Indian Spice Kit now includes 2.0 grams of saffron. And the bundle includes all of the spice tools you'll need to grind your own curry to order!
Masala Dabba Bundle Includes:
- Durable magnetic jars for fridge - choose small or large
- 24 certified organic spices
- Clear 1” labels for glass bottoms
- Mortar & pestle for grinding spices to order
- Jar-friendly measuring spoons
- Mini measuring spoons
- Mini magnetic nutmeg grater
- Spice spoon for sprinkling
- Optional: Add a wall plate of your choice
What makes Gneiss Spice magnetic jars different?
- Industrial-grade, durable glass
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Airtight silver lids keep spices fresh
- Certified food-safe barrier between magnet and spices
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. Large jars measure 2.5" x 2.5" tall and hold a heaping 1/2 cup volume.
Spices included in Masala Dabba Kit:
- Ajwain (seed)
- Amchur (Mango Powder)
- Asafetida (Hing)
- Bay Leaf
- Black Cardamom (pods)
- Cardamom (Pods)
- Chaat Masala
- Cloves (Whole)
- Coriander (Seed)
- Cumin (Seed)
- Curry (Leaves)
- Fennel (Seed)
- Fenugreek (Seed)
- Garam Masala
- Kala Namak (Black Salt)
- Kashmiri (Chile Powder)
- Kasoori Methi (Fenugreek Leaf)
- Black Mustard (Seed)
- Nigella (Seed)
- Nutmeg (Whole)
- Peppercorns (Whole)
- Saffron (2.0 gram, fills 1/2 jar small jar)
New to Indian cooking? Pair with a cookbook!
- New! 2022 Award Winning Masala: Recipes from India, the Land of Spices
- Asma's Indian Kitchen: Home-Cooked Food Brought to You By The Darjeeling Express
- East: 120 Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes from Bangalore to Beijing (Gneiss Spice Top Pick fo 2020)
- Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day
- Madhur Jaffrey's Instantly Indian: Modern and Classic Recipes for the Instant Pot®
There are two things you need to start cooking Indian food—spices and tadka.
Tadka translates as "tempering." It is a method in which whole or ground spices are heated in hot oil or ghee, then added to a dish (or as a base). Hot fat has an amazing ability to extract and retain the essence, aroma and flavor of spices and herbs and then carry this essence with them. You must use a high-heat fat, such as ghee. Spices can go from sizzling and flavorful to scorched in seconds! If you burn the spices, no worries—just throw out and try again. Whole spices will take 30 seconds, keep stirring the pan for even cooking. Ground spices will bloom in seconds, so have your next ingredients ready!
New to Gneiss Spice? Check out our FAQ videos.