PESCAVORE SPICES | 7 Organic Fish & Seafood Seasonings (10% Off)
$ 50.00 $ 45.00
For all those "vegetarians" you know, the kind that eat fish and seafood. Pair this kit with the classic Fish: The Complete Guide to Buying and Cooking by Mark Bittman, for perfect gift!
- 7 small hexagon magnetic jars for your fridge
- Durable glass jars are reusable
- Filled with organic seasonings
- Air tight lids to keep spices fresh
- Silver lids hand-stamped with spice names
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Internal barrier between magnet and spices
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall and hold a shy 1/4 cup.
Certified organic, kosher + fair trade seasonings included in this set:
- BAY A relative of old Bay seasoning—this spice is formulated especially for seafood and crabs. Mix with butter and dip in the meat. Or, add to water during cooking. It has a tangy and sweet flavor. My favorite use is to mix it in a little in tuna salad with some lemon juice.
- CAJUN Famed in Southern cuisine, this fiery and savory blend of spices is great for barbeques, seafood, beans, rice, soup and Creole style dishes. A heavily protected recipe—this blend tries to replicate its spiciness with a little habanero salt!
- GRILL RUB This recipe is similar to a Western rub for enhancing Pacific coast fish! Oil up the fish, rub on the surface and through on the grill. These coarse herbs and spices will hold up well to the direct flame. No salt added.
- LEMON PEPPER This piquant and invigorating seasoning blend has just the right zest to add a memorable flavor to seafood. Lemon Pepper seasoning has a well-rounded flavor that will not disrupt the taste, color, or texture of your dishes. You can use to marinate fish or as a rub for the grill.
- SALISH SMOKED SALT Referring to the Puget Sound, Salish comes from the Native Americans first to inhabit the great Pacific Northwest. Red alderwood has been used to smoke salmon and meats for hundreds of years, making it a Northwest tradition.
- HERBES DE PROVENCE From the birthplace of Gastronomy and fine cooking comes this flavorful and floral blend used for most dishes which need a "high-lifting" flavor. Adds festive floral to seemingly bland dishes and is best reserved for soma pastas, fish, soup and most seafood.
- WEST INDIES CURRY An intoxicating and alluring blend, which has been popularized by traditional Caribbean dishes, and is best in stir fry entrees, on fish, and as a seasoning base for gumbo. Sweet with just a little bit of spice!
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall; and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. These jars are smaller than traditional spice containers; smaller amounts of spice stay fresh. Refill with us or in bulk at your local natural foods store. Jars are made to stick to your fridge or any steel surface. Purchase a mini wall plate if you need to store jars on a backsplash.
New to Gneiss Spice? Please watch our FAQ videos here.