HERBIVORE SPICES | 7 Organic Seasonings | Gift for Vegetarians
A colorful and bright tasting gift kit. Pair this kit with the classic How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman, for perfect gift!
- 7 small hexagon magnetic jars for your fridge
- Durable glass jars are reusable
- Filled with organic seasonings
- Air tight lids to keep spices fresh
- Silver lids hand-stamped with spice names
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Internal barrier between magnet and spices
Certified organic, kosher + fair trade seasonings included in this set:
- CELERY SALT Most of us cook and season with salt, but adding celery to the infusion adds a whole new spectrum of flavor! Great for "light" dishes such as salads, raw foods, and grilled vegetables.
- CURRY A traditional seasoning used in Southeast Asian cooking. Goes well with tofu, vegetables, noodles, and stir fry! I’ve also used this on pan fried fish. My favorite use is to sprinkle on eggs!
- GREEK HERBS Mediterranean cooking at its finest! Enjoy the sumptuous aroma of this fine blend so rapturous it makes the mouth water. Try with salads, tabbouleh, falafal, pasta and fish.
- GARAM MASALA Deep in flavor, and typically used in the northern parts of India. As a richer blend, it is recommended to use more sparingly. Try with pan fried foods, couscous, potatoes, rice, lentils, tofu, eggplant, cauliflower. My favorite is to flavor dahl, an easy Indian lentil dish.
- GARLIC PEPPER The #1 seasoning in America! Can be added to nearly every dish where a little salt and pepper will help intensify the flavors of the food. Contains salt.
- ITALIAN A piquant and zesty spice blend for all pastas and salads, and a great way to liven up dishes with a seldom bland taste. Use liberally to finish any dish—including eggs, pizza, salads, and popcorn!
- TOMATO SALT Take your favorite crusty sourdough bread, spread with butter and top with a pinch of Tomato Fusion. Great for soups and sauces, topping appetizers or mixed with herbs to create an amazing spice rub.
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall; and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. These jars are smaller than traditional spice containers; smaller amounts of spice stay fresh. Refill with us or in bulk at your local natural foods store. Jars are made to stick to your fridge or any steel surface. Purchase a mini wall plate if you need to store jars on a backsplash.
New to Gneiss Spice? Please watch our FAQ videos here.