FRENCH SPICES | 7 Organic Seasonings in Magnetic Jars
$ 50.00 $ 45.00
This product is sold out
C'est Delicious. Francophiles, save the plane ticket and visit France from you kitchen! A little Herbes de Provence on your next batch of roasted local veggies, summer savory rubbed on baked chicken or Fines Herbes in your next omelet. Once you try fleur de sel, you'll never go back to regular sea salt! Or, grab the Salts of France mini kit at a lower price point. New to French cooking? Pair Mastering the Art of French Cooking for a complete gift.
Included in the French gift set:
- 7 small hexagon magnetic jars for your fridge
- Durable glass jars are reusable
- Filled with certified organic + kosher spices
- Air tight lids to keep spices fresh
- Silver lids hand-stamped with spice names
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Internal barrier between magnet and spices
- Fines - A traditional herb blend, more delicate than its neighbor herbes de provence. Wonderful for baked or sautéed chicken and fish. Use 1 rounded tsp. per lb meat. Fines is my favorite addition to scrambled eggs!
- Fumee - Fleur de Sel is smoked with Chardonnay oak chips from seasoned French oak wine barrels, which have been used in the aging of fine wines. It is cold smoked to preserve the mineral content and natural flavor of the salt. The moist Fleur de Sel crystals readily absorb the natural flavors of oak and chardonnay. This mellow salt is great with everything, especially salads and eggs.
- Quatre - An all purpose seasoning used for soup, ragout and other pot-cooked dishes. Literally meaning ”four spice,” it can also be used in breads and will make an interesting applesauce muffin!
- Herbes de Provence - Excellent for roasting chicken, beef, or pork tenderloin. Rub ½-1 tsp per lb. We love to mix it with olive oil and coat fish, tomatoes and potatoes for roasting…as well as seafood stew. Blend with cream cheese and butter (2:1), minced fresh garlic, and fresh pepper (ground until your arm hurts) for a quick boursin. We keep this in our fridge at all times.
- Mustard - The original condiment!!! The French have used mustard seeds since 800 AD where it was used to season food at the table.
- Tarragon - Rich in iodine, mineral salts and vitamins A & C, tarragon was used in the past to prevent scurvy. The essential ingredient in Bearnaise sauce.
- Summer Savory - A staple with beans and peas, savory has a piney fragrance and peppery flavor. Supposedly it can treat bee stings and is an aphrodisiac.
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall; and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. These jars are smaller than traditional spice containers; smaller amounts of spice stay fresh. Refill with us or in bulk at your local natural foods store. Jars are made to stick to your fridge or any steel surface. Purchase a mini wall plate if you need to store jars on a backsplash.
New to Gneiss Spice? Please watch our FAQ videos here.